Ashwagandha is a powerful adaptogenic herb for health and rejuvenation. This super herb acts like a guardian of the nervous system due to its powerful anti-stress qualities.
Benefits of Ashwagandha: Powerful Adaptogenic Herb
What are adaptogens? Adaptogens help to bring hormones back into balance. Chronic stress or illness brings our hormones and energy levels way out of balance. Short periods of stress is what we’ve evolved to handle. But our bodies aren’t designed to be in a state of constant stress. Constant stress will eventually lead to hormonal imbalances like adrenal fatigue, thyroid imbalances and illness.
If you suffer from feelings of overwhelm or chronic stress, Ashwagandha is a great adaptogenic herb that won’t cause feelings of drowsiness. See list below for more benefits.
Listed Benefits of Ashwagandha
- Lowers cortisol levels in the body and helps alleviate adrenal fatigue.
- Balances thyroid hormones for hypo and hyper thyroid conditions
- Reduces depression & anxiety
- Power anti-aging properties to help extend life
- Supports brain health and aids in the prevention of neuro-degenerative diseases
- Reduced risk of developing tumours and cancer
- Improves energy, stamina and chi levels in the body
- Promotes recovery after exercise
- Reduces inflammation in the body
- Studies have traced Ashwagandha’s ability to reduce blood glucose levels
“Scientists in India recently conducted cell studies showing that Ashwagandha extract disrupts cancer cells’ ability to reproduce—a key step in fighting cancer.” – source
Ashwagandha helps to naturally bring the nervous system back into balance to relieve stress in the body.
“Many degenerative diseases, as well as premature aging, are associated with chronic nervous tension.” –source
After taking Ashwagandha, I’ve noticed my energy levels improve symptoms of low energy and brain fog. It’s also one of my favorite herbs to take with me while traveling and avoid jet lag.