Cashew date balls are raw no bake energy bites that are super easy to make in a food processor. These cashew date balls are hormone-friendly, energy boosting and nutrient rich. Perfect for a work snack, after a workout or a late night dessert.
Cashews provide healthy fats and vitamins for hormone balance and beauty.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals like Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E, K, zinc, copper, manganese, phosphorous, and magnesium.
What is Lucuma powder? Lucuma powder is a low glycemic fruit superfood powder that is known for it’s anti-inflammatory and skin tissue regeneration benefits. It also adds a sweet light earthy caramel flavor to date balls, desserts and smoothies. You can leave the Lucuma powder out. I just added it for a superfood boost.
Dates are the little mineral-rich fruits that grow on palm trees.
- Rich in magnesium, manganese and selenium to maintain blood and bone health.
- They are also great for digestive health. Dates are rich in soluble fiber which can help alleviate constipation. The high potassium content in dates is a go to treatment for update stomach or diarrhea.
Dates might not be appealing to most. They’ve only really gained popularity in the raw food and vegan communities. Dates have a naturally sweet and sticky profile that is perfect for making cashew date balls.
Just like there are varieties of Apples (green, yellow, pink lady etc..), there are varieties of dates. The most common date that you’ll use in raw desserts and these cashew date balls are Medjool dates. You can easily find these dates at the store, Amazon or Thrive Market. Always go for organic when you can.
- ⅔ cup organic raw cashews *soaked in water for 4 hours and then rinsed.
- ⅔ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup organic coconut milk
- 8 large organic Medjool dates pitted
- Dash of Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼- 1/2 cup organic dark mini chocolate chips like pascha or other organic brands will do fine!
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Lucuma powder *optional. This adds a slight earthy caramel flavor.
- You'll need to make the raw cashew cookie dough date ball batter first.
- Add cashews into food processor (reminder to have had cashews soaking 4hrs+ in water and then rinsed)
- Then add rolled oats, shredded coconut, coconut milk, dates, salt and vanilla extract.
- Process until smooth (without chunks).
- Stir dark chocolate chips evenly into the raw cashew cookie dough batter.
- Scoop about 1TBS of batter into your hands and then roll into a ball.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place into freezer for 2hrs+ to chill
- You can keep in refrigerator after you've initially chilled the date balls in the freezer first.
Rule #4 in my 10 workweek wellness essentials is to always keep something sweet in the house. Raw cookie dough cashew date balls are my new love. No lie. I can and probably will eat all 16 by myself. But at least I’ve shared my recipe 🙂